Charging regulator HRSi for Rutland 914i, 12-24V
The HRSi charge controller for Rutland 914i, 510, FM910-4 combines a Rutland charger voltage regulator with an up to 160Watt solar cell input in a unit that is easy to mount.
A multi-stage charge control delivers an appropriate charge level required for your batteries to get the maximum power they are able to hold and remain float charged.
1 x Rutland 914i and maximum 160Watt solar panels.
For connection to a single battery bank
Dimensions: 130 x 80 x 42 mm
Three colored LEDs indicate the battery voltage:
Flashing red = Very Low Battery
Red = <12V (24V)
Orange => 12V & <13V (> 24V & <26V)
Green => 13V (26V)
Three colored LEDs indicate charging status:
Green = Charging
Orange = Charging & Regulation
Red = Regulation
• Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) regulation is now finer
controlled using the latest programmable microcontrollers.
PWM control monitors the battery voltage to prevent overcharging.
As peak voltages are obtained, the HRSi input will charge off
wind and solar chargers gradually reduce input.
This feature gradually reduces the speed of
the turbine to a possible “idle” and thus prolongs working life
of the wind charger. When the battery discharges, the wind turbine will
responds by increasing the speed to deliver more power.
It is the same for solar power.
• The Intelligent Microcontroller system is programmed to deliver
secure charging. This feature ensures that batteries
are optimally charged, especially when unattended.
• LED indicators keep the user informed about battery voltage levels
and charging status.
• Manual shut-off switch allows the user to stop wind & solar chargers from supplying power to the battery if necessary. The wind charger brakes to an “idle” in this mode.
• Temperature compensation automatically adjusts the settings so that the controller takes into account varying temperatures and thus ensures maximum charging efficiency in all cases.
Built-in blocking diode avoids conflict with other charging sources for the same battery. (1)
• Automatic voltage detection for 12V or 24V systems (2)
Built-in charging fuse protects wires and circuits in case of accidental reverse polarity connection.
1. Solar panels must be equipped with diodes
2. The batteries must be connected first for automatic detection.